The Hammerback Happenings


Welcome to the Hammerback Blog-Updated each week

Blogging is an great way to journal the fun events for Reagan to read one day, and awesome for out of town family and friends to stay connected with us too!

Set as a favorite to see what the Hammerbacks are up to!!




Monday, October 26, 2009

What a difference a year makes...

Justin and I were thinking back to a year ago on Saturday, October 24 2008, to the date of Reagan's heart surgery. Memories of last year, remembering our worry and concern with heavy hearts that she would be ok through the surgery and after, filled our thoughts... How thankful we are that the surgery has been a success and her heart is doing great because of it!! Thank you, Lord!!




I keep the above pic of Reagan on my phone. It is of her after her heart surgery, in the hospital bed, wearing her Halloween hat. I keep it on my phone as a little life and attitude check. It is to remind me when life gets stressful or I feel overwhelmed, or when I start to grumble about the little things, that we are truly blessed, and what we have to be thankful for!!

In a few weeks, Reagan will have a very minor surgery to get tubes in her ears at Children's. Being at Children's again will I'm sure bring back a lot of memories, but it will be nothing compared to what we went through a year ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heidi! Thanks for your sweet note...and I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick over there. POOR MOM!!! I hope you don't get it! And, to top it all off you had conferences to think about...you poor thing. Also, I LOVE your "fall pics" post...and YOU look absolutely beautiful!!! Keep in touch, Molly

    ReplyDelete