The Hammerback Happenings


Welcome to the Hammerback Blog-Updated each week

Blogging is an great way to journal the fun events for Reagan to read one day, and awesome for out of town family and friends to stay connected with us too!

Set as a favorite to see what the Hammerbacks are up to!!




Friday, August 7, 2009

Bye Dr. Knowles

We are very sad to say good-bye to our family doctor and my OB, Dr. Knowles. He will be moving closer to family in Arizona and we will miss him dearly. I remember when I went into labor with Reagan, the nurse asked for any special requests that I had for the labor and delivery. Besides an epidural, I didn't care about anything else, but I told her that I really needed Dr. Knowles to be there. Reagan got him out of bed around midnight to come to the hospital and we started delivery. Being it was my first delivery, unfortunately for me and Dr. Knowles, it took some time. I remember Dr. Knowles and Justin cracking jokes about this being the last push, and me about ready to strangle them both!! I can laugh about it now...He was always so laid back and easy going and that is what we loved about him. The big debate is whether or not Justin and I will have more children. After getting the letter that he would be leaving, I said, "Well, it's decided, we can't have anymore kids-not without Knowles!" And Justin's response was, "Yes, we can, we just have to deliver in Arizona!!" :) Not only was he an amazing OB, he was also our family doctor to Justin and Reagan. He is the one we are so grateful to in detecting Reagan's heart murmur and encouraging us to see a cardiologist at Children's. I don't even want to think about what could have happened if he hadn't encouraged us to go to Children's, and if we hadn't then found out that she needed Coarctation Surgery to repair the narrowing of her aorta. We are so blessed to have had him as our doctor even for a short time, and how fortunate are his new patients in AZ to have Dr. Knowles as their doctor. We are happy for him and his family, but sad for us. Reagan had her last well-child check up with him today and as he was saying good-bye and about to leave the room, Reagan reached out her arms for him and gave him a hug. It is like she knew he was saying good-bye for the last time and knew that he was such an amazing doc., and wanted to thank him for it. I think she made his day, as you can see, he is beaming in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment